Monday, August 6, 2012

Banana Pudding

So it looks like I'll  finally  be able to make this fantastic dinner that I've been wanting to share! We've had a very lazy Monday around here because my husband worked 9am yesterday to 9am today, so it's been quiet. Loved it.

As I'm waiting for him to wake up so I can finally make yummy dinner, I was thinking about what else I could make to pass the time. Not to mention, I'm just hungry for something sweet :) So I remembered this super easy and delicious recipe that my mom makes all summer long. If you make it in a glass or clear plastic bowl, it's sure to be a hit because it looks so pretty when it is finished. Hungry Husband can't get enough of it!!

3 cups cold milk
2 packages - 4 servings each- Jell-O vanilla instant pudding mix (I like to do 1 vanilla mix, 1 banana mix!)
1 box Nilla Wafers
3 medium bananas, sliced
1 tub (8oz) Cool Whip, thawed

Half way done!
Follow instructions on the pudding mixes and let sit. Arrange half the wafers on the bottom and up the sides of a 2 quart serving bowl. Add the banana pudding. Layer the sliced bananas on top. Add the vanilla pudding. Top with the entire tub of Cool Whip. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until ready to serve.

You can also do more layering by doing half pudding, half bananas, cool whip, half pudding, half bananas, half cool whip, and so on. Definitely add more layers if you're serving it in a clear dish just because it looks so nice, but if not, the way I do it works too. Because it is so simple and delicious, this recipe is just one of many that I like to bring to get-togethers. Enjoy!

Don't forget to check back tomorrow when I'll FINALLY have posted about this amazing dinner recipe that I can't wait to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment