Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fiesta Lime Chicken

FINALLY! I was able to make Hungry Husband's favorite dinner. It's easy to make and full of flavor. I was getting irritated when every time we wanted to go out to dinner, he'd suggest Applebees. He loves that restaurant for one reason, and one reason only. Their Fiesta Lime Chicken. So, I decided to find a copycat recipe and make it instead of always having to go to Applebees. It worked!

I found this recipe originally at Squidoo.com just by googling it. Turned out pretty well!

Finished! Delicious!
 Marinade:
1 cup water
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 lime, juiced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. tequila
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
Sauce:
1/4 cup mayo **Greek yogurt can be substituted!
1/4 c. sour cream
2 tbls. pico de gallo (or just chopped tomatoes and onions)
1 tsp. Cajun Blackening Spice
1/4 tsp. dried parsley
1/4 tsp. hot sauce
1/8 tsp. dried dillweed
1/8 tsp. cumin

1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
2 cups tortilla chips, crushed

Whisk together marinade ingredients and marinade chicken for at least 2 hours. I usually make it in the morning for extra flavor, letting it marinade all day.
Whisk together the sauce ingredients, cover, and chill until needed.
Bake chicken at 350 for 30 minutes (or until done) then smother chicken with sauce, cover in cheese, and broil until melted.
**I like to steam cook my chicken. I steam one side for 15 minutes, then turn the chicken over and steam the other side for 10. The last few minutes, I just add the sauce and cheese, cover, and continue steaming until cheese is melted. Makes for super moist chicken!
Serve over Mexican rice, crushed tortilla chips and leftover pico de gallo.
I like to add corn, black beans, and red and green bell peppers to the plate for more flavor.

I have also heard that if you don't have all the spices for the sauce, you can use 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Mix and 16oz sour cream to substitute.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment