Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Salsa Chicken

Hungry Husband has been working his butt off lately, so I decided to do one of his favorite meals for dinner last night. Lucky for me, it's super easy!! It may not look the most appetizing, but trust me, the taste makes it all better. Plus, it's a crock pot recipe. Need I say more?

Salsa Chicken
Look at all the corn, rice, and beans goodness.
2-4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I just throw mine in frozen
1-2 Cups chunky salsa
1 Can black beans, drained
1 Can yellow corn, drained

Place your chicken in the crock pot and cover with salsa. Add black beans. BOOM. Done! I cook on low for 6-7 hours or high 4-5 hours, depending on the amount of chicken and if it's thawed or frozen. About 30 minutes before serving, I add the corn. I've found if I put the corn in too early, it gets mushy.

I serve my Salsa Chicken over Mexican or Spanish rice, top with cheese, and put tortilla chips on the side. Makes for a super delicious, super easy dish! The salsa also locks in moisture for the chicken. I usually don't like cooking my chicken in the crock pot because it seems to turn out dry, but the salsa prevents that.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment